Can an anger management program reduce my risk of heart disease?

Anthony L. Komaroff, MD
An analysis of 50 studies that included almost 2,000 volunteers found that anger management programs help people tone down their anger, respond to threatening situations less aggressively, and use positive behaviors such as relaxation techniques or better communication skills. Other studies have demonstrated that improvements like these translate into lower blood pressure and better blood flow to the heart during exercise and stress. It's not yet known, however, whether anger management can prevent coronary artery disease and reduce the likelihood of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiac events.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?
What Are the Symptoms of an Anger Control Problem?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
How Can I Prevent Road Rage?
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?