What are the treatment options for anger control problems?

The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling sessions, you will work with a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or other mental health professional to identify sources of anger, behaviors your display, and any underlying experiences that may be contributing to your anger. You will learn techniques to control your anger, as well as ways to deal with past issues affecting you today. In a group program, you will participate in a class with others to learn about anger, its effect on you, ways to identify anger, and how to effectively deal with those feelings when you experience them.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How should I deal with anger?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
This activity will help you symbolically release angry feelings you have been holding in. You'll...
What are the benefits to anger control?
Controlling your anger will help you feel more in control and able to deal with various situations y...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?