What are the treatment options for anger control problems?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The main treatment options are individual counseling or a group program. In individual counseling sessions, you will work with a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or other mental health professional to identify sources of anger, behaviors your display, and any underlying experiences that may be contributing to your anger. You will learn techniques to control your anger, as well as ways to deal with past issues affecting you today. In a group program, you will participate in a class with others to learn about anger, its effect on you, ways to identify anger, and how to effectively deal with those feelings when you experience them.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

how can i help my child manage anger before an outburst ?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are steps to guide you in managing inappropriate anger in your child before an outburst and tea...
how do i let go of resentment ?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Realize that there is no such thing as a missed opportunity. "I should have done that" and "If only ...
what is anger management therapy ?
Betty Davis, LPC, NCCBetty Davis, LPC, NCC
Anger Management contains a series of techniques that a person can apply to their own anger in orde...
how does an anger control problem affect the body ?
Uncontrolled anger, particularly when you keep it inside, can affect your health. Headaches and slee...