Can anger control problems be prevented?

Yes, anger control problems can be prevented. By having healthy coping techniques, you can prevent serious physical, emotional, and behavioral problems associated with uncontrolled anger. Sharing your feelings, talking about what makes you angry, and confronting individuals who are making you angry are some ways to prevent anger from getting to a boiling point. In addition, practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and exercise, can help reduce your stress.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Zen and the Art of Injury Prevention
Don't tackle a tough physical task if you're seeing red. Research suggests that being angry may increase a person's risk of injury nearly seven-fold....
How could someone who hurt me not be responsible for my anger?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
In extreme cases, such as if somebody has purposely injured us or someone we love, it is hard to rem...
How should I deal with anger?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Anger is a poison that will rob you of real intimacy and community. Anger is a voice that will c...
What Is Intermittent Explosive Disorder?