How can anger control problems affect my family?

Mia Redrick
Healthcare

Anger control problems can prevent people from being able to be open to you or feeling loved by you.  In order to manage anger, get to source of it.  Ask yourself why you feel angry and look at healthy outlets for it.  Fix your diet, start to exercise, or learn how to redirect your anger.  In some cases you may need to make an appointment with a psychologist to explore it or get a coach to help you manage it.  You also might consider making time to meditate or do yoga or tai chi. 

Anger control problems have a direct effect on those around you. In your family, having trouble controlling your anger makes communication difficult. People are afraid to talk to you and may even avoid talking to you for fear of your angry reaction, your behavior, or physical/verbal abuse. It affects how people relate to you. In addition, you are setting an example for children around you, so this behavior could be passed on as children see you as their role model.

Continue Learning about Anger Management

The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
The Top 10 Angriest Cities in 2017
Could where you live be affecting your mental health? It’s possible. We used RealAge, our scientifically-backed test that analyzes your health history...
How can drinking alcohol affect anger?
When you're thinking, "Boy, I need a drink," think again. The trouble is alcohol won't relieve h...
How can I use breathing to deal with anger?
Next time you're seething, try this on-the-spot cool down (just not while driving): Close your e...
How Can I Change the Way I Respond to Anger?