Who is a candidate for fenestrated aortic stent grafting?

Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
Vascular Surgery
Patients who are candidates for fenestrated aortic stent grafting have aneurysms close to the kidney arteries. In this video, Joshua Greenberg, MD, of Mercy Health, explains that only a small part of the population qualifies for this procedure.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
How important is sizing in aortic stent grafting?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
Patients will need to undergo tests to measure for the appropriate size stent before aortic stent gr...
What are the dangers of an aneurysm?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Aneurysms may burst and bleed into the brain, causing serious complications, including hemorrhagic s...
What happens during an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) is a procedure performed to repair an abdominal aortic aneur...