When should I go for a follow-up appointment after an EVAR?

After an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR, also called "stent grafting"), you need regular follow-up appointments to make sure the stent graft is still in the right place. You will probably have an x-ray or computed tomography (CT) scan at these times:
  • One month after the procedure
  • Six months after the procedure
  • A year after the procedure
  • Every year after that, for the rest of your life

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
How is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) found?
Life Line ScreeningLife Line Screening
If you are thin and have a moderately large-sized abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), you or your docto...
How does diabetes affect my risk for aneurysms?
Dr. David W. Drucker, MDDr. David W. Drucker, MD
People with diabetes have a very high risk for developing vascular disease. Because of this, healthc...
What is the treatment for an aortic aneurysm?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Aortic aneurysms are treated with medicines and surgery. A small aneurysm that's found early and isn...