What is the treatment for an aortic aneurysm?

Aortic aneurysms are one of the most complicated and potentially dangerous vascular conditions. Our physicians are utilizing one of the newest available treatments, endovascular stents. A stent is placed over the aneurysm, reducing the risk it will suddenly rupture and bleed. Radiologists and surgeons are using a unique team approach to perform the procedure, insuring the highest level of patient safety. For many patients, this new, less invasive treatment approach reduces the need for delicate and complicated bypass surgery.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

What causes an aortic aneurysm?
Mark J. Russo, MDMark J. Russo, MD
Thoracic aortic aneurysms may be caused by different disease processes, especially in respect to the...
What can I expect after endovascular surgery?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Most patients recover quickly from endovascular surgery—in most cases, remaining in the hospital for...
When should I go for a follow-up appointment after an EVAR?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
After an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR, also called "stent grafting"), you need regular fol...
What are the complications during and after endovascular surgery?
Oak Hill HospitalOak Hill Hospital
Endovascular surgery complications include bleeding in and around the repairs, though they are rare....