What can I expect after endovascular surgery?

Most patients recover quickly from endovascular surgery—in most cases, remaining in the hospital for less than two days.

Dr. Mark J. Russo, MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon

The potential benefits of the endovascular aortic surgery include greatly reduced risk, a shorter hospital stay, and a more rapid recovery. 

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
How important is sizing in aortic stent grafting?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
Patients will need to undergo tests to measure for the appropriate size stent before aortic stent gr...
What are my chances of dying if my aneurysm ruptures?
Dr. Michael L. Schwartz, MDDr. Michael L. Schwartz, MD
If your aneurysm ruptures, the outcome could be lethal. If you make it to a hospital in time, your c...
Who can get an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
About 60% to 70% of aneurysm patients can have an endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR, also calle...