What can I expect after endovascular surgery?

Most patients recover quickly from endovascular surgery—in most cases, remaining in the hospital for less than two days.

Dr. Mark J. Russo, MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon

The potential benefits of the endovascular aortic surgery include greatly reduced risk, a shorter hospital stay, and a more rapid recovery. 

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
What is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)?
Dr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MDDr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
An abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is essentially a dilation of the aorta, which is the biggest bloo...
How will I know if I have a ruptured aneurysm?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Characteristics of a ruptured aneurysms may include back and abdominal pain.
What are the symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)?
Riverside Heart and Vascular CenterRiverside Heart and Vascular Center
If you have an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA): You may have no symptoms at all. You may feel pa...