What causes a thoracic aneurysm?

Causes of thoracic aortic aneurysm are generally genetic, including being part of childhood syndromes. The most common cause is bicuspid aortic valve.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
Are there alternatives to open surgery for an aortic aneurysm?
Brian G. Derubertis, MDBrian G. Derubertis, MD
There are alternatives to open surgery for aortic aneurysms for people who are not good candidates f...
How important is sizing in aortic stent grafting?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
Patients will need to undergo tests to measure for the appropriate size stent before aortic stent gr...
What causes an aortic aneurysm?
Mark J. Russo, MDMark J. Russo, MD
Thoracic aortic aneurysms may be caused by different disease processes, especially in respect to the...