How are aneurysms treated?

Dr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
Vascular Surgeon

The majority of aneurysms–70 to 80 percent–can be treated with minimally invasive techniques such as stenting. Many people can go home the day after surgery with a stent. Previously, treatment might involve major surgery, involving a hospital stay of one to two weeks.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
What is an endograft?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Doctors perform minimally invasive endovascular procedures to treat aortic aneurysms, using cloth-co...
What are the symptoms of an aortic aneurysm?
Dr. David W. Drucker, MDDr. David W. Drucker, MD
Most of the time, aneurysms are completely and totally asymptomatic. 70 to 75 percent or more of the...
What can I expect after fenestrated aortic aneurysm repair?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
After fenestrated aortic aneurysm repairs, patients can come home several days sooner than in the st...