How is an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) found?

If you are thin and have a moderately large-sized abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), you or your doctor may be able to feel it below your rib cage. The majority of AAAs are discovered as a result of medical imaging for other conditions.

Continue Learning about Aneurysms

Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
Aneurysms: Deadly but Preventable
We rely on our arteries to carry oxygen-rich blood to all the organs, muscles and tissues of the body. Every beat of the heart sends more blood throug...
Who is a candidate for fenestrated aortic stent grafting?
Joshua I. Greenberg, MDJoshua I. Greenberg, MD
Patients who are candidates for fenestrated aortic stent grafting have aneurysms close to the kidney...
What is the hybrid approach for aortic aneurysms?
Mark J. Russo, MDMark J. Russo, MD
Hybrid procedures use endovascular stenting along with open surgery to take advantage of the benefit...
What causes an aortic aneurysm?
CTSurgeryPatients.orgCTSurgeryPatients.org
The exact cause of an aortic aneurysm is often difficult to determine, but many factors potentially ...