Who should not take Naropin?

Do not take Naropin if you are allergic to it or other anesthetics. Other conditions that may raise your risk of complications when taking Naropin include: kidney disease, liver disease and heart disease.

Tell your doctor if you or a relative have ever had any factors that could heighten your risk of complications from Naropin. Before taking Naropin, give your doctor a list of medications that you currently take.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What is conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Conscious sedation is a type of sedation used to help patients feel relaxed enough to get through a ...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...
What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...