What is Naropin?

Naropin is a local anesthetic given by injection that relieves pain before and during surgery or labor and delivery. Naropin, the active ingredient of which is ropivacaine, works by interfering with the pain pathways to your brain. You can only receive Naropin at the hospital during a procedure.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How will I be monitored during sedation analgesia (conscious sedation)?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
During conscious sedation your vital signs will be monitored closely and frequently. These vital sig...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...