What is Carbocaine?

Carbocaine is the brand name for the drug mepivacaine, an injectable local anesthetic that is used to numb regions of the body during surgery and other medical procedures. It may also be used for pain management in certain circumstances. It is always given as an injection. To ensure safety, the drug should be used only with strict monitoring by a medical professional.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Is sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) safe?
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...
How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
Topical anesthetics are medications that help soothe itchy or irritated skin. They work by numbing t...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...