What happens if I miss a dose of Lidoderm?

In general, you will use Lidoderm as your symptoms arise. If you are on a schedule and you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip it and use the next one. Never apply more than the prescribed amount at one time, and do not use Lidoderm more frequently than your doctor tells you to, as overdoses are potentially fatal.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What is an anesthetic?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
An anesthetic is a drug or other substance that causes a loss of feeling or awareness. Local anesthe...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
How will I be monitored during sedation analgesia (conscious sedation)?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
As with any type of anesthesia, you will be monitored when receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...