What dose of pain patch is best to start with?

Juan P. Villablanca, MD
Neuroradiology
When using a pain patch, it's best to start with the very mildest patch at the smallest dose and gradually increase only as necessary. Different types of pain patches are available in pharmacies. No matter what patch you use, you should start with the smallest dose for the shortest period of time possible.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...