What dose of pain patch is best to start with?

Juan P. Villablanca, MD
Neuroradiology
When using a pain patch, it's best to start with the very mildest patch at the smallest dose and gradually increase only as necessary. Different types of pain patches are available in pharmacies. No matter what patch you use, you should start with the smallest dose for the shortest period of time possible.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How will I be monitored during sedation analgesia (conscious sedation)?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
During conscious sedation your vital signs will be monitored closely and frequently. These vital sig...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
Is sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) safe?
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...