What should I avoid while using Lidoderm?

If you are using Lidoderm, you should avoid using any more than your doctor prescribes. Apply it only to the affected area, as instructed by your doctor, and avoid getting any near or in your eyes or mouth. You should avoid using other topical medications in the same area as Lidoderm unless instructed by your doctor, and do not mix Lidoderm with cosmetics. Do not apply the medication to cuts or broken skin unless your doctor specifically tells you to. Use caution when using Lidoderm with heart rhythm disorder medications and talk to your doctor about any possible interactions before using Lidoderm.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...