What should I avoid while using Lidoderm?

If you are using Lidoderm, you should avoid using any more than your doctor prescribes. Apply it only to the affected area, as instructed by your doctor, and avoid getting any near or in your eyes or mouth. You should avoid using other topical medications in the same area as Lidoderm unless instructed by your doctor, and do not mix Lidoderm with cosmetics. Do not apply the medication to cuts or broken skin unless your doctor specifically tells you to. Use caution when using Lidoderm with heart rhythm disorder medications and talk to your doctor about any possible interactions before using Lidoderm.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...