What should I avoid while using Lidoderm?

If you are using Lidoderm, you should avoid using any more than your doctor prescribes. Apply it only to the affected area, as instructed by your doctor, and avoid getting any near or in your eyes or mouth. You should avoid using other topical medications in the same area as Lidoderm unless instructed by your doctor, and do not mix Lidoderm with cosmetics. Do not apply the medication to cuts or broken skin unless your doctor specifically tells you to. Use caution when using Lidoderm with heart rhythm disorder medications and talk to your doctor about any possible interactions before using Lidoderm.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How does a combined spinal-epidural block work?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
A combined spinal-epidural block during labor and delivery has the benefits of pain relief from both...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...