What should I know about Forane before taking it?

Like all general anesthetics, Forane (isoflurane) may lead to a decrease in intellectual function for 48 to 72 hours after use. It may also cause minor mood changes for up to six days after use. This drug may only be administered by a properly trained healthcare professional in a properly equipped environment. This drug should not be administered to pregnant women, as it is possible that it may harm the fetus. It is not known if this drug is safe for breastfeeding women. When recovering from the effects of the anesthesia, you may experience shivering, nausea, vomiting and temporary paralysis of the intestines.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...