What should I know about Forane before taking it?

Like all general anesthetics, Forane (isoflurane) may lead to a decrease in intellectual function for 48 to 72 hours after use. It may also cause minor mood changes for up to six days after use. This drug may only be administered by a properly trained healthcare professional in a properly equipped environment. This drug should not be administered to pregnant women, as it is possible that it may harm the fetus. It is not known if this drug is safe for breastfeeding women. When recovering from the effects of the anesthesia, you may experience shivering, nausea, vomiting and temporary paralysis of the intestines.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
If you have received minimal sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) only, you may be able to go hom...