What should I know about antipyrine, benzocaine and glycerin?

Before using antipyrine, benzocaine and glycerin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to antipyrine, benzocaine, glycerin or any other medicines, foods, dyes, animals or other products. If you are using an over-the-counter version of this drug, make sure to read the warnings on the label carefully. You should not use this drug if you have a perforated tympanic membrane, or hole in the eardrum. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor about any medical conditions, especially any ear injuries, ear surgeries or draining of the ear.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
What is conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Conscious sedation is a type of sedation used to help patients feel relaxed enough to get through a ...