What should I know about antipyrine, benzocaine and glycerin?

Before using antipyrine, benzocaine and glycerin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to antipyrine, benzocaine, glycerin or any other medicines, foods, dyes, animals or other products. If you are using an over-the-counter version of this drug, make sure to read the warnings on the label carefully. You should not use this drug if you have a perforated tympanic membrane, or hole in the eardrum. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor about any medical conditions, especially any ear injuries, ear surgeries or draining of the ear.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...