How soon after using lidocaine will I feel effects?

The amount of time it takes to feel the effects of lidocaine will vary by the strength of the medication. Prescription strength is stronger, and you may feel the effects almost immediately. Topical solutions will vary by person and situation. Contact a doctor if you think it is taking too long to feel the effects of lidocaine or feel unusual effects.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What is topical lidocaine?
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic (pain-reliever) available in a skin patch (Lidoderm) that helps cont...
How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
Topical anesthetics are medications that help soothe itchy or irritated skin. They work by numbing t...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...