How soon after using lidocaine will I feel effects?

The amount of time it takes to feel the effects of lidocaine will vary by the strength of the medication. Prescription strength is stronger, and you may feel the effects almost immediately. Topical solutions will vary by person and situation. Contact a doctor if you think it is taking too long to feel the effects of lidocaine or feel unusual effects.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
Is sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) safe?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...