Who should take lidocaine and epinephrine?

Your doctor may recommend lidocaine and epinephrine if you are going in for a medical procedure that would cause pain to the skin or tissue. Your doctor will decide if a skin patch or injection is right for your procedure. Using lidocaine and epinephrine over lidocaine alone is advantageous because epinephrine allows the numbing effect to last longer.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are side effects of benzodiazepines?
Dr. Gayatri Devi, MDDr. Gayatri Devi, MD
Benzodiazepines sedate your brain, so your thinking may not be as sharp, and your multitasking skill...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
How does a combined spinal-epidural block work?
A combined spinal-epidural block during labor and delivery has the benefits of pain relief from both...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...