How should I use topical anesthetics?

There are many different ways to administer topical anesthetics. Most are available without prescription in a variety of different forms. These include: patches, foams, liquids, swabs, dressings, pads, solutions, creams, gels, kits, sprays, ointments and lotions. You should follow the directions of your doctor and those printed on the packaging.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Does topical lidocaine interact with any other medications?
If you are taking fusidic acid, idelalisib, tizanidine, or conivaptan, lidocaine can lead to side ef...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...