Should I let my doctor know I am using topical benzocaine?

If you are planning on using topical benzocaine, you should talk to your doctor about the risks. Benzocaine might react adversely in a variety of different medical conditions and medications. Thus, it is important to discuss with your doctor the proper dosage of benzocaine and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage. Do not eat or chew gum immediately after use.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are side effects of benzodiazepines?
Dr. Gayatri Devi, MDDr. Gayatri Devi, MD
Benzodiazepines sedate your brain, so your thinking may not be as sharp, and your multitasking skill...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
What is an anesthetic?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
An anesthetic is a drug or other substance that causes a loss of feeling or awareness. Local anesthe...