Should I let my doctor know I am using topical benzocaine?

If you are planning on using topical benzocaine, you should talk to your doctor about the risks. Benzocaine might react adversely in a variety of different medical conditions and medications. Thus, it is important to discuss with your doctor the proper dosage of benzocaine and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage. Do not eat or chew gum immediately after use.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

does topical lidocaine have any side effects ?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
is sedation analgesia ( conscious sedation ) safe ?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...
what are the risks and side effects of an epidural ?
Although most women have epidurals with no problems during labor and delivery, there may be some dra...
what is conscious sedation ?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Conscious sedation is a type of sedation used to help patients feel relaxed enough to get through a ...