Who should not receive articaine and epinephrine injections?

You should absolutely avoid articaine if you are allergic to it or have a history of allergy to other anesthetics. Similarly, do not take the shot if you are allergic to epinephrine. Talk to your doctor about your medical history before receiving the shot. In particular, a history of seizures or abnormal blood pressure suggests that an articaine/epinephrine shot might be dangerous. This drug does not appear to be dangerous for pregnant women, but the data are not complete.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
What is an anesthetic?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
An anesthetic is a drug or other substance that causes a loss of feeling or awareness. Local anesthe...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...