Who should not receive articaine and epinephrine injections?

You should absolutely avoid articaine if you are allergic to it or have a history of allergy to other anesthetics. Similarly, do not take the shot if you are allergic to epinephrine. Talk to your doctor about your medical history before receiving the shot. In particular, a history of seizures or abnormal blood pressure suggests that an articaine/epinephrine shot might be dangerous. This drug does not appear to be dangerous for pregnant women, but the data are not complete.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
What medications interact with benzodiazepines?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
When taking benzodiazepines, any other type of medication that causes drowsiness or impaired alertne...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...