Should I let my doctor know I am using topical anesthetics?

If you are planning on using topical anesthetics, you should talk to your doctor. Always let your doctor know about any medications you are taking to avoid any interactions with others. Anesthetics, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of anesthetics and all of the possible complications that may accompany your dosage.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...