What should I know about lidocaine and epinephrine before taking it?

Lidocaine and epinephrine will be administered by a doctor. Elderly persons and children should be careful when using lidocaine and epinephrine because they are more at risk for side effects. Because you temporarily cannot feel pain in the affected area, be careful not to hurt yourself. Because of the possible interactions, tell your doctor about any allergies or health problems you have or any medications you are currently taking.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
What is topical lidocaine?
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic (pain-reliever) available in a skin patch (Lidoderm) that helps cont...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...