What should I know about lidocaine and epinephrine before taking it?

Lidocaine and epinephrine will be administered by a doctor. Elderly persons and children should be careful when using lidocaine and epinephrine because they are more at risk for side effects. Because you temporarily cannot feel pain in the affected area, be careful not to hurt yourself. Because of the possible interactions, tell your doctor about any allergies or health problems you have or any medications you are currently taking.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...