How should I use topical benzocaine?

You should use topical benzocaine exactly as instructed on the package label or as directed by your doctor. There are many different products, so there are many different ways to use it. Typically, topical benzocaine is applied on the affected area with clean and dry fingers. When you first begin using benzocaine, you should not drive or operate machinery in case you react adversely.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...