How should I use Lidoderm?

Only use Lidoderm as instructed by your doctor. Lidoderm is a topical medication that is usually applied in the form of a patch. Never apply more than three patches at one time, and never wear patches for more than 12 hours per day. Using too many patches or leaving patches on for too long may cause serious side effects. Wash your hands carefully before and after applying Lidoderm, so you do not accidentally transfer the medication to your eyes or mouth. Do not apply it to cuts or broken skin unless instructed by your doctor, and do not put bandages or plastic wrap over the medication on your skin.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
Topical anesthetics are medications that help soothe itchy or irritated skin. They work by numbing t...
How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...