How does Forane interact with other medications?

There are many drugs that may interact with Forane (isoflurane) and, in many cases, your doctor will instruct you to stop particular medications for the day of the surgery. Therefore, be sure to tell your doctor of all the medicines, supplements or vitamins that you take (prescription or over-the-counter). Your healthcare professionals will likely have updated information about any other possible interactions.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...