What happens if I miss a dose of lidocaine?

For prescription lidocaine that your doctor is applying, it is unlikely that you will miss a dose. In a lot of cases, the entire treatment is one injection of lidocaine. If you are applying your own topical lidocaine, apply the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to your next dose, skip the forgotten dose. Do not use twice the amount to make up for it.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What medications interact with benzodiazepines?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
When taking benzodiazepines, any other type of medication that causes drowsiness or impaired alertne...
How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...
How will I be monitored during sedation analgesia (conscious sedation)?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
During conscious sedation your vital signs will be monitored closely and frequently. These vital sig...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...