What happens if I miss a dose of lidocaine?

For prescription lidocaine that your doctor is applying, it is unlikely that you will miss a dose. In a lot of cases, the entire treatment is one injection of lidocaine. If you are applying your own topical lidocaine, apply the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to your next dose, skip the forgotten dose. Do not use twice the amount to make up for it.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
Topical anesthetics are medications that help soothe itchy or irritated skin. They work by numbing t...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...