What happens if I miss a dose of lidocaine?

For prescription lidocaine that your doctor is applying, it is unlikely that you will miss a dose. In a lot of cases, the entire treatment is one injection of lidocaine. If you are applying your own topical lidocaine, apply the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to your next dose, skip the forgotten dose. Do not use twice the amount to make up for it.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
What is conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Conscious sedation is a type of sedation used to help patients feel relaxed enough to get through a ...