Is there a generic version of lidocaine and epinephrine?

The injection form of lidocaine and epinephrine comes in the brand name Xylocaine with Epinephrine, and the generic form is lidocaine hydrochloride and epinephrine. The skin patch form of lidocaine and epinephrine goes by the brand name of Lidosite Topical System Kit and does not come in a generic form.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What medications interact with benzodiazepines?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
When taking benzodiazepines, any other type of medication that causes drowsiness or impaired alertne...
What animal studies have been done to test the effects of anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"In one of the earliest studies of anesthetic neurodegeneration in rodents, researchers demonstrated...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...