Is there a generic version of lidocaine and epinephrine?

The injection form of lidocaine and epinephrine comes in the brand name Xylocaine with Epinephrine, and the generic form is lidocaine hydrochloride and epinephrine. The skin patch form of lidocaine and epinephrine goes by the brand name of Lidosite Topical System Kit and does not come in a generic form.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...
What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...