What are the dosage recommendations for topical anesthetics?

Dosage recommendations for topical anesthetics differ for each person and situation. Therefore, speak to your doctor before using this medication and read the packaging carefully. Typically, however, topical anesthetics are applied to the affected area of skin three to four times a day. These doses may increase or decrease depending on the age and  seriousness of your skin condition.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...
When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
Does topical lidocaine have any side effects?
Side effects may include redness, swelling, itching, or red or purple spots where the patch is appli...
How is conscious sedation administered?
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...