What are the dosage recommendations for topical anesthetics?

Dosage recommendations for topical anesthetics differ for each person and situation. Therefore, speak to your doctor before using this medication and read the packaging carefully. Typically, however, topical anesthetics are applied to the affected area of skin three to four times a day. These doses may increase or decrease depending on the age and  seriousness of your skin condition.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How do topical anesthetics relieve itchy skin?
Topical anesthetics are medications that help soothe itchy or irritated skin. They work by numbing t...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What are the advantages of conscious sedation?
Oftentimes, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients ...