What is the difference between all the different brands of pramoxine?

Pramoxine is an over-the-counter topical anesthetic applied to skin for the temporary relief of pain, itching, and burning. There are several brand versions of pramoxine available for over-the-counter use. The different brand versions all contain the active ingredient, pramoxine, but in different forms (creams, foams, liquids, and lotions) and are marketed for different uses. For example, some products are used to soothe itching caused by insect bites, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. Some products are marketed for the relief of hemorrhoids. Multiple brands may be marketed to treat the same condition. Talk to your doctor if you have questions about what specific product will best treat your condition.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
What is an anesthetic?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
An anesthetic is a drug or other substance that causes a loss of feeling or awareness. Local anesthe...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...