Can Carbocaine be used while breastfeeding?

Doctors aren't sure whether Carbocaine is passed in breast milk. Without rigorous studies to examine the effect of Carbocaine on breast milk, it is unclear whether the drug can harm a nursing child. In some instances, the drug may be appropriate for nursing mothers, but the decision to use Carbocaine while breast-feeding involves weighing the potential benefits and risks. Talk to your doctor before you use Carbocaine while breast-feeding.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What are side effects of benzodiazepines?
Dr. Gayatri Devi, MDDr. Gayatri Devi, MD
Benzodiazepines sedate your brain, so your thinking may not be as sharp, and your multitasking skill...
What should I expect after receiving conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
After receiving conscious sedation you will be recovered by nursing staff until you are alert and or...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...