Does bupivacaine injection interact with other medications?

Before your physician uses bupivacaine injections to prepare for your procedure, you should tell them if you are taking any blood thinners; ergot medications, like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, ergonovine, or methylergonovine; MAOIs (monoamine oxydase inhibitors); or anti-depressants. Your doctor may need to adjust your dosage of bupivacaine injections or monitor you differently if you are taking these other medications. You should tell your doctor about any other medications, vitamins, minerals, or supplements that you may be taking prior to having bupivacaine injections administered.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

How is conscious sedation administered?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- a semi-conscious state that allows patients to be comfor...
How do I use intranasal lidocaine?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
To use intranasal lidocaine, lie down and extend your head over the edge of the bed, so that you...
What is conscious sedation?
Lisa MomentLisa Moment
Conscious sedation is a type of sedation used to help patients feel relaxed enough to get through a ...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...