How soon after using Lidoderm will my symptoms improve?

Because Lidoderm treats specific symptoms of pain and discomfort by numbing your nerves, it begins to work as soon as you apply it. In general, you will use Lidoderm as your symptoms arise, but your doctor may instruct you to use Lidoderm regularly or at specific times. You should not continue to use Lidoderm once your symptoms or the condition responsible have improved.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

What should I know before using topical lidocaine?
If you have heart conduction disorder (AV block) or impaired liver function, lidocaine may not be a ...
Will my child be given a sedative before surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
In the past, virtually every child received an injected sedative before being taken to the operating...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and ChildrenTulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children
The more frequently seen risks and side effects of an epidural (which actually are not that common) ...
Is sedation analgesia (conscious sedation) safe?
When given appropriately, sedation analgesia or conscious sedation -- which induces a semi-conscious...