What should I know about Carbocaine before receiving it?

You should know that Carbocaine may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. Be cautious when driving or operating machinery. You should be aware that you may temporarily lose feeling and movement after you receive Carbocaine. Carbocaine can cause numbness for a prolonged period of time. You should avoid eating or chewing gum until you have feeling back in your mouth. It is possible that Carbocaine used in spinal surgery causes long-lasting effects on sexual function, bowel or bladder control, and movement in the legs or feet.

Continue Learning about Anesthetic Agent

When is the developing brain most vulnerable to anesthetics?
SmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research InitiativeSmartTots-Pediatric Anesthesia Research Initiative
"The greatest vulnerability of the developing brain to anesthetics occurs at the time of rapid synap...
How can doctors measure consciousness during general anesthesia?
An active brain during general anesthesia is particularly difficult to monitor. Doctors might suspec...
What are the risks and side effects of an epidural?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
The risks and side effects of an epidural include infection at the site of the needle and headache. ...
What questions should I ask before I receive conscious sedation?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Here are a few questions that you may want to ask prior to receiving sedation analgesia (conscious s...