What should I tell my child's anesthesiologist before surgery?

The anesthesiologist will want to make sure that your child is in the best possible physical condition before surgery. You will be asked important questions about your child's general health, including whether he or she has allergies or asthma, whether there has been any family history of difficulties with anesthesia and what your child's experiences have been with previous anesthetics.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

What do I need to tell the anesthesiologist?
Patricia Bartley DanielePatricia Bartley Daniele
It is very important to share your health history, past surgical experiences, especially previous ex...
How does the doctor know what type of anesthesia to use?
The type and length of surgery will determine the method of anesthesia needed. The choices of anesth...
What type of anesthesia do I need for a breast lift?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
I prefer general anesthesia for my breast lift patients. General anesthesia by a board certified ane...
What type of anesthesia is used for a breast reduction?
We use general anesthesia for our breast reduction surgeries. This is an invasive surgery which requ...