What should I tell my child's anesthesiologist before surgery?

The anesthesiologist will want to make sure that your child is in the best possible physical condition before surgery. You will be asked important questions about your child's general health, including whether he or she has allergies or asthma, whether there has been any family history of difficulties with anesthesia and what your child's experiences have been with previous anesthetics.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

how is an anesthesia monitor used ?
Patricia Bartley DanielePatricia Bartley Daniele
Bispectral index monitoring(BIS) is used to assess the level of consciousness, depth of anesthesia. ...
how prevalent is anesthesia awareness ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
According to recent reports, the incidence of anesthesia awareness is between 1-2 per 1,000 patients...
is anesthesia safe for older adults ?
Anesthesiology advances and delivery choices have promoted patient safety with minimal side effects....
what is the role of an anesthesiologist in plastic surgery ?
Next to your plastic surgeon, the most important member of the medical team will be the anesthesiolo...