What does the anesthesiologist do during outpatient surgery?

Your anesthesiologist is personally responsible for your comfort and well-being. Your anesthesiologist leads the anesthesia care team to monitor as well as manage your vital body functions during your ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery. Your anesthesiologist is also responsible for managing medical problems that might arise related to surgery as well as any chronic medical conditions you may have, such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure or heart problems. A member of your anesthesia team will be with you throughout your entire procedure.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

What type of anesthesia do I need for a breast lift?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
I prefer general anesthesia for my breast lift patients. General anesthesia by a board certified ane...
What is an anesthetic room?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The anesthetic room is a room in the hospital where people get medicine called anesthesia before an ...
How is general anesthesia administered?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
General anesthesia is administered through an IV.
What is the role of an anesthesiologist in plastic surgery?
Next to your plastic surgeon, the most important member of the medical team will be the anesthesiolo...