Why should I be put under general anesthesia for liposuction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
For major liposuction cases, I use general anesthesia, and the patient is completely put to sleep. This assures me that the patient will have no memory of the surgery or experience any pain, no matter what part of their body I am working on. It also assures me that the patient will not move on the table, and I can work more carefully without worrying about puncturing a vital structure. For these reasons, I believe that the safest liposuction is always performed under general anesthesia.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

Can herbal medicines impact anesthesia?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Herbal and dietary products have chemical properties just as medications do. Anything we ingest (eat...
What types of anesthesia are used in office-based surgery?
The same anesthetic techniques used in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers are used in office-...
How can I help prevent having anesthesia awareness?
Yael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MDYael S. Varnado-Rhodes, MD
As a patient, the most crucial thing you can do to prevent anesthesia awareness is communicate openl...
What are possible side effects of anesthesia in children?
Although anesthetics can provide complete pain relief and loss of consciousness during an operation,...