Why should I be put under general anesthesia for liposuction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
For major liposuction cases, I use general anesthesia, and the patient is completely put to sleep. This assures me that the patient will have no memory of the surgery or experience any pain, no matter what part of their body I am working on. It also assures me that the patient will not move on the table, and I can work more carefully without worrying about puncturing a vital structure. For these reasons, I believe that the safest liposuction is always performed under general anesthesia.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

How is an anesthesia monitor used?
Patricia Bartley DanielePatricia Bartley Daniele
Bispectral index monitoring(BIS) is used to assess the level of consciousness, depth of anesthesia. ...
Can a person's heart stop beating with general anesthesia?
Dr. Anita GuptaDr. Anita Gupta
This is possible, though very rare. When practicing, physician anesthesiologists always have your sa...
What types of anesthesia are used in office-based surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
The same anesthetic techniques used in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers are used in office-...
Where is the anesthesiologist during an operation?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
During an operation, the anesthesiologist stays in the operating room with the person all through th...