Why should I be put under general anesthesia for liposuction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
For major liposuction cases, I use general anesthesia, and the patient is completely put to sleep. This assures me that the patient will have no memory of the surgery or experience any pain, no matter what part of their body I am working on. It also assures me that the patient will not move on the table, and I can work more carefully without worrying about puncturing a vital structure. For these reasons, I believe that the safest liposuction is always performed under general anesthesia.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

What is the difference between an anesthesiologist and nurse anesthetist?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
An anesthesiologist is a physician who specializes in anesthesia care, and a nurse anesthetist is a ...
When is general anesthesia used in dental procedures?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Complex dental treatments may require drugs that can induce "deep sedation," causing a loss of feeli...
What is general anesthesia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
During general anesthesia, patients are "put under," which means they're totally unconscious and imm...
How risky is anesthesia?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
Despite many misconceptions about anesthesia, it is very safe.