Can I choose the anesthesiologist for my surgery?

You may have a choice as to who your anesthesiologist will be. Your surgeon may refer you to an anesthesiologist or you may request one based on a personal recommendation or based on your own previous experience. However, you must make that choice known in advance so that arrangements may be made to honor your request. Since your anesthesiologist is responsible for your comfort, safety and medical care during surgery, it is important that you meet before entering the operating room.

Continue Learning about Anesthesia for Surgical Procedures

where is the anesthesiologist during an operation ?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
During an operation, the anesthesiologist stays in the operating room with the person all through th...
what is anesthesia ?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The term anesthesia comes from the Greek for "loss of sensation." That is not the only effect it has...
what types of anesthesia are used in office-based surgery ?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
The same anesthetic techniques used in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers are used in office-...
what type of anesthesia do i need for a breast lift ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
I prefer general anesthesia for my breast lift patients. General anesthesia by a board certified ane...