Why should I eat clams if I have an iron deficiency?

Clams provide tons of iron and are a top source of potassium and vitamin B12. Eat clams once a week as an alternative to another protein. Choose fresh or canned since they both contain the same amount of iron. A 3-ounce serving size (about 10 small clams) provides up to 24 mg of iron and contains only 126 calories.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Anemia

5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
Learn how to spot some of the unusual symptoms that can arise when your iron levels are low. There’s a reason iron is listed as an essential nutrient:...
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia