What foods should I eat to help raise my iron levels?

Beef is a good source of iron. However, I would find a lean cut that’s no larger than 3 to 6 ounces -- about the size of a stack of cards. If you want to avoid the saturated fat in steak, you can switch to turkey, salmon, or clams, all of which have excellent iron content. You can also find high levels of iron in pumpkin seeds, beans, and spinach.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Anemia

My Story: Carolyn and IDA
My Story: Carolyn and IDA
Iron deficiency anemia, or IDA, is when you have too few healthy red blood cells due to an iron deficiency. In this video, Carolyn shares her IDA diag...
Is a Babesia infection dangerous?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Babesia can develop into a type of anemia that can cause jaundice and dark urine. In some people the...
6 Iron-Rich Foods to Boost Your Energy
6 Iron-Rich Foods to Boost Your Energy6 Iron-Rich Foods to Boost Your Energy6 Iron-Rich Foods to Boost Your Energy6 Iron-Rich Foods to Boost Your Energy
Changing up your diet may help your iron-deficiency anemia Iron is an essential mineral that we get through the foods we eat. There are two sources of...
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia