What foods should I eat to help raise my iron levels?

Beef is a good source of iron. However, I would find a lean cut that’s no larger than 3 to 6 ounces -- about the size of a stack of cards. If you want to avoid the saturated fat in steak, you can switch to turkey, salmon, or clams, all of which have excellent iron content. You can also find high levels of iron in pumpkin seeds, beans, and spinach.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Anemia

My Story: Carolyn and IDA
My Story: Carolyn and IDA
Iron deficiency anemia, or IDA, is when you have too few healthy red blood cells due to an iron deficiency. In this video, Carolyn shares her IDA diag...
What should I know about pernicious anemia if I have diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Tingling, numbness, and pain in the feet often signal peripheral neuropathy, which can be caused by ...
Can a person be anemic and have too much iron at the same time?
A person can be anemic and have too much iron at the same time because there are a number of differe...
What You Need to Know About Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia