What foods can help reduce fatigue from an iron deficiency?

Many foods that are high in iron are recommended to be part of the diet for a person with iron deficiency anemia. The following foods are good sources of iron: red meat, egg yolks, dark leafy greens (spinach, collards), dried fruits (raisins and prunes), mollusks (clams, scallops and oysters), liver, beans, lentils, chick peas, soybeans and artichokes.  Adding a variety of these foods is a good way to supplement iron in your diet.

Continue Learning about Anemia

Tired? Try These 6 Energy-Boosting Foods
Get a boost of energy from these fatigue-busting super foods. Medically reviewed in February 2020.
My Story: Corrine and IDA
My Story: Corrine and IDA
After moving into a new home, Corrine thought she was exhausted and worn out. Luckily, her healthcare provider was able to diagnose the true culprit—i...
Easy Ways to Identify an Iron Deficiency
Watch Dr. Mehmet Oz explain the importance of healthy iron levels, how our bodies get iron from food and how anemia can occur when iron levels get too...
What causes hyperbilirubinemia?
Hyperbilirubinemia is a result of an elevated level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a by-pro...