Is a Babesia infection dangerous?

Babesia can develop into a type of anemia that can cause jaundice and dark urine. In some people the disease can be life threatening if untreated. The elderly and persons with no spleen, a weak immune system, or a serious health condition are the most susceptible.

Continue Learning about Anemia

The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Anemia
If you have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), you’re all too familiar with the symptoms of this inflammatory disease in which the immune system attacks and d...
What is pernicious anemia?
Pernicious anemia occurs when the body cannot make red blood cells because it lacks adequate amounts...
What should I know about pernicious anemia if I have diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Tingling, numbness, and pain in the feet often signal peripheral neuropathy, which can be caused by ...
What Is Anemia?
What Is Anemia?