Is a Babesia infection dangerous?

Babesia can develop into a type of anemia that can cause jaundice and dark urine. In some people the disease can be life threatening if untreated. The elderly and persons with no spleen, a weak immune system, or a serious health condition are the most susceptible.

Continue Learning about Anemia

My Story: Nikkie and IDA
My Story: Nikkie and IDA
Iron-deficiency anemia, or IDA, is when you have unhealthy blood cells due to not having enough iron present in the body. In this video, Nikkie shares...
5 Ways to Safely Exercise With Anemia
5 Ways to Safely Exercise With Anemia
When someone is anemic, the body doesn’t have enough healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen to the rest of the body, making it challenging to exercis...
Tired? Try These 6 Energy-Boosting Foods
Get a boost of energy from these fatigue-busting super foods. Medically reviewed in February 2020.
What should I know about pernicious anemia if I have diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Tingling, numbness, and pain in the feet often signal peripheral neuropathy, which can be caused by ...