Hemodialysis, one of the two types of dialysis treatment, can sometimes lead to anemia, which is indicated by low red blood cell count. Red blood cells are responsible for providing you with energy (and that rosy color in your cheeks), so anemia can cause tiredness and a pale color. If you are undergoing hemodialysis, you may experience some blood loss, which can lead to anemia. Talk to your doctor about what to do if you experience the symptoms of anemia.
- Q What causes anemia?
- Q What is the relation between anemia and hemoglobin?
- Q Can people with kidney disease get anemia from other causes?
- Q Can a person be anemic and have too much iron at the same time?
- Q How do hookworms lead to anemia?
- Q Is a Babesia infection dangerous?