Hemodialysis, one of the two types of dialysis treatment, can sometimes lead to anemia, which is indicated by low red blood cell count. Red blood cells are responsible for providing you with energy (and that rosy color in your cheeks), so anemia can cause tiredness and a pale color. If you are undergoing hemodialysis, you may experience some blood loss, which can lead to anemia. Talk to your doctor about what to do if you experience the symptoms of anemia.
- Q What is the relation between anemia and hemoglobin?
- Q Can anemia affect the outcome of heart surgery?
- Q Is a Babesia infection dangerous?
- Q What are the dietary recommendations for someone with anemia?
- Q What is vitamin B12 deficiency anemia?
- Q What should I know about pernicious anemia if I have diabetes?