Could I have an iron deficiency even if I am not anemic?

People can be deficient in iron long before they actually become anemic. This is evident on blood tests ordered by your doctor on small blood cells. This occurs because there is a period in which the body is trying to use the last of its iron stores and therefore is not making blood cells normally. During this period the person is very low on iron but has not yet actually become anemic.

Continue Learning about Anemia

5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency5 Weird Signs of Iron Deficiency
Learn how to spot some of the unusual symptoms that can arise when your iron levels are low. There’s a reason iron is listed as an essential nutrient:...
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
Eating Well with Iron Deficiency Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia
What You Need to Know About Anemia