Who should take danazol?

Danazol is a steroid that is used to treat endometriosis, a condition in which the tissue that normally lines the uterus grows elsewhere in the reproductive system. Danazol may also be taken by women with severe symptoms of fibrocystic breast disease. Most symptoms of this condition may be treated with more simple solutions, but in severe cases, danazol may help reduce pain and tenderness caused by this breast problem. Danazol may also be taken to prevent outbreaks of hereditary angiodema, which is a rare disorder that causes swelling of the arms, face, abdomen, and airways in both males and females.

Continue Learning about Androgen

How effective is testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of ED?
Testosterone replacement therapy can improve sex drive and erectile function for some men with low t...
How does testosterone replacement therapy treat erectile dysfunction?
Erection problems and a reduced sex drive can sometimes be caused by a low testosterone level. Testo...
Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...