What should I know about AndroGel before using it?

AndroGel, which contains the male hormone testosterone, can harm women and children. Young children are at risk of premature development (enlargement of the genitalia, increase libido, aggressive behavior) from direct skin exposure to Androgel. Testosterone could cause body hair changes, acne or other symptoms in women, and it can harm a fetus if a pregnant woman comes in contact with it. Avoid using other medications containing testosterone. Apply only to clean, dry, undamaged skin areas, and use only as directed by your doctor.
If you use AndroGel, you should be protective of others. Wash your hands after application, and wear a shirt over the parts of the torso where you apply the gel, until you have washed the areas thoroughly.
AndroGel and other testosterone products have been linked to blood clots, called deep vein thrombosis. If you experience pain, swelling, warmth or redness in your leg, or if you have shortness of breath, get medical help right away. 

Continue Learning about Androgen

How effective is testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of ED?
Testosterone replacement therapy can improve sex drive and erectile function for some men with low t...
Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...
What is androgen suppression?
Androgen suppression is a treatment to suppress or block the production or action of male hormones. ...