What is Androderm?

Androderm is a medicated skin patch that contains the male sex hormone testosterone. Available by prescription only, it is used to treat men who have low levels of testosterone in their blood. Low testosterone can cause decreased libido and sexual performance as well as fatigue, depression and loss of typical male characteristics, such as a deep voice and a muscular build. When applied once a day to a man's upper arms, thighs, abdomen or back, the Androderm patch works by delivering a measured dose of testosterone that is absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream, thereby supplementing or replacing the man's own testosterone.

Continue Learning about Androgen

Can I trust testosterone replacement therapy from online sources?
Testosterone replacement therapy is offered at many websites online. An evaluation of 75 of these we...
What is androgen suppression?
Androgen suppression is a treatment to suppress or block the production or action of male hormones. ...
What should I know before using testosterone replacement therapy?
Testosterone may cause enlargement of the prostate or make it worse. If you have impaired heart fun...
How effective is testosterone replacement therapy for the treatment of ED?
Testosterone replacement therapy can improve sex drive and erectile function for some men with low t...